e

My Surf Blog: Learning to be a Surfer in Los Angeles...

A woman's trials and tribulations of learning to surf in Los Angeles

Thursday, March 03, 2005

Don't be a kook!

So I finally found out what a "kook" was from my friend, Jason. He says that it's "someone who's a dork or not good at surfing." So I guess that makes me a kook right now. =[ I haven't actually been called that, mind you, but I kept hearing the term and always wondered what it meant. It's also tagged on the wall at the Breakwater in Venice - "No Kooks" it says. I'll just stay out of other surfers' way and try not to get called a kook and get beat up. :)

So, I had a dream about my surfboard last night. It had a ding and the foam inside was shrunken and I couldn't surf it anymore. Then I woke up, ran to my board to make sure that it was okay. And it was. My pretty surfboard is still lookin' perrrr-ty. I just need to learn to ride it as good as it looks! I think I may have had the dream because I banged the fin on my stairs when carrying it inside my apartment yesterday morning.
*Always keep my board in the bag when I'm taking it somewhere*

O, btw, that wetsuit that I bought last weekend for two hundies - I found it online for only $125, no tax, free shipping!!@#$@#$!!! I got ripped off big time. I hate that especially since I'm usually a bargain shopper. And now Dive n Surf won't even give me a refund - RIDICULOUS! I'll think twice before I spend money there again. I'll have to just get a store credit and spend it there on a whole lotta wax, I guess. I thought Dive n Surf usually had good prices. I couldn't justify spending the extra $80 on a thinner wetsuit, so I just ordered the wetsuit online - same model but a 4/3 instead of a 3/2. A different color but who cares when u're only trying to be warm? As long as it's not neon green or pink (the one I ordered is black with blue panels :) Hopefully the new wetsuit is okay. People told me that you get what you pay for... we'll see. --> so if you go to Dive n Surf to shop, watch out! Do your research online for prices before you go buy from there...

No surfing this morning, BOOOOOOOOO!! ... I went to sleep WAY TOO late last night to get up at 530... Too much work! Need better hours, so that I can surf more...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home