e

My Surf Blog: Learning to be a Surfer in Los Angeles...

A woman's trials and tribulations of learning to surf in Los Angeles

Monday, March 07, 2005

B-B-B-Brrrr.... at Bay Street

Angela and I surfed at Bay Street this morning. It was kinda fun, but we were both freezing. (Where the heck is my new wetsuit, man! Is it sitting in the DHL warehouse in Van Nuys? I better get it tomorrow or ELSE! :-P) When we first got to Bay Street, the waves were a bit bigger than what we could handle. Nevertheless, we paddled out, hoping that it would calm down as the tide went out and it did. I saw Sherman and Stephanie there. No Marvin today. Man, the Shermanator can really surf. I think he's my idol. When I'm that old, I wanna be able to "rip it up" like he was today. He caught so many waves... He sure was having so much fun. I caught one wave that was too big, I got scared, and pulled out. It jolted up real steep at the last second when I should have just gotten up on my feet. What a wimp I am. I felt like leaving the beach with my tail between my legs. Sigh... Next time, I'm gonna just say "f@#$ it" and just go. Who cares if I get pounded... At least, I can say that I tried.

I love longboards. Such a cruiser-board. I can't wait til I get better. But then again, maybe I'll like being on a shortboard later once I get better. And according to Nick, that'll be emm...2 years from now? I want to prove him wrong by being able to get on a shortboard before that 2 year mark. Eh, we'll see. I just need to get better, period. Bay Street again tomorrow since the tide won't be right at Sunset...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home