e

My Surf Blog: Learning to be a Surfer in Los Angeles...

A woman's trials and tribulations of learning to surf in Los Angeles

Friday, March 11, 2005

YippEEeeeeEEeEeeee~

Bay Street was so fun this morning! So good that I didn't want to get out of the water to go to work. Boo hoo for me... The waves were not the huge pummeljacking ones that were at Sunset yesterday morning. They were definitely more gentle and manageable. I still get scared though. I'm not sure how or when I'll get over this fear of getting worked. I've been told that it'll gradually subside. I hope that happens soon.

Today's wildlife sighting was a seal. Arf Arf! (is that the sounds the seals make? Well, you know what I mean). The seal just stuck its head out of the water, looked at me, then dove back down. Cute. But Nick told me that they bite so I stayed away.

Supposed to be a great weekend - hot and sunny. I can't wait! We're headed up north toward Malibu and maybe County Line. Hopefully, the waves won't be too advanced for us...

1 Comments:

  • At 10:39 PM, Blogger Whiffleboy said…

    You actually may never get over the fear of getting worked. What will happen is, as you progress, the size of the wave that ignites that fear will gradually increase.

    A scary 4ft wave now may very well be a 7ft wave in another year or two. Of course, the wave will vary by break. Head high Sunset is different than head high El Porto. :-)

    Whiffleboy
    Confessions of a Novice Surfer

     

Post a Comment

<< Home