e

My Surf Blog: Learning to be a Surfer in Los Angeles...

A woman's trials and tribulations of learning to surf in Los Angeles

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Hosed...

OKAY, I should have known. It was wishful thinking. I got to Sunset and it was weee ankle high. Only 3 guys out. I waited about 20 minutes and decided that I was hosed. I checked the conditions last night (yes, I finally learned) and knew that it was going to be flat at 6am. Nevertheless, my desperate self thought maybe, just MAYBE, a miracle would bring some good waves. EGH!! The tide was too low. Man... this is REALLY starting to bug me - the work thing, I mean. I know that Sunset would have been fun like yesterday if I gave it more time for the tide to fill in a bit more. BAAAH!!! Why couldn't I have a job that accomodates my surfing habit?

Hosed again... X-(

4 Comments:

  • At 8:36 AM, Blogger Surfsister said…

    Because then you'd be like me: broke.

     
  • At 11:52 AM, Blogger Whiffleboy said…

    Feel lucky that you live close enough to the ocean that you can get a session in before work. Alot of folks simply can't do that.

     
  • At 3:19 PM, Blogger OutdoorChick said…

    true true. I should appreciate appreciate appreciate. No more complaining or being grumpy...

     
  • At 2:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Even if I won the lottery and could go at any time I wished, I'd still bitch during a flat spell!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home