e

My Surf Blog: Learning to be a Surfer in Los Angeles...

A woman's trials and tribulations of learning to surf in Los Angeles

Saturday, April 30, 2005

Fun Fun Fun

Fun fun fun was the theme of today's surf session at Sunset. The rollers were coming through just as I arrived at 6:30am. I should have gotten there earlier but my lame-ass couldn't drag myself out of bed any earlier. Anyways, my friend Jason and I arrived first then Becky met us at 7:30am. Becky is the girl that I met last week at Sunset. She's a beginner, so I told her the basics, etiquette, punching through waves, etc... Someone did that for me, so I thought I should pay it forward to someone else as well. I guess she will be my surf buddy this weekend as Angela is down in San Diego.

I caught one nice one close to the inside. I paddled hard, felt the board catch, then stood up, and rode it straight into the beach. I saw that the wave was going to close out so I crouched down lower and then the board started to turn right. I didn't mean to do it, but the board somehow did. Hm.. How do I do THAT again? I tried to do it again but couldn't repeat it because my rides were so short. I need more practice... :-\

All in all, I had a lot of fun, catching small rollers. Becky even caught a few and stood up on at least 1 wave, so she was happy with her session.

I'll try to get up earlier to haul my ass to Sunset earlier tomorrow. Off to bed!

4 Comments:

  • At 6:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Howdy beachgirl,
    I'm impressed with what you wrote here in your Fun Fun Fun post. I gave up my search for cheap surf board information and wanted to hang out here on your blog - well done. I might make a blog like yours about cheap surf board, but I wouldn't try to compete with you. You're doing a great job beachgirl.
    You got a great thing going... by friend.

     
  • At 3:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good design!
    [url=http://kowbhgef.com/jbpd/uzxf.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://ygtsugwt.com/truf/xtpq.html]Cool site[/url]

     
  • At 3:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thank you!
    http://kowbhgef.com/jbpd/uzxf.html | http://rqcqwkzp.com/dyhp/sqxa.html

     
  • At 11:03 AM, Anonymous surf lessons los angeles said…

    "...and it was fun fun fun til my daddy took my t-bird away..." I had to do it! :]

     

Post a Comment

<< Home